Established in 1845 as Frazer & Benedict Company and became Frazer & Jones Company in 1882. Frazer & Jones was acquired by our current parent company, The Eastern Company in 1945. Our company has had many leaders that have formed our core values of excellence and superior quality, one of which was Malcolm Baldrige who served as Managing Director of Frazer & Jones from 1951 - 1959 and later became President of The Eastern Company in 1960. Mr. Baldrige was appointed by former President Ronald Reagan as Secretary of Commerce in 1980. Former President George H. Bush established the "Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award" in recognition of his commitment to continuous improvement.
Our current Chairman of the Board and CEO, Mr. Len Leganza, who worked alongside Mr. Baldrige for many years has continued his philosophy of continuous improvement by investing in our people and equipment to continue the reputation of Frazer & Jones as a world class foundry. Over the years F & J has evolved from manual molding to state of the art DISAMATIC Molding Machines along with various other machinery investments to meet the continual needs of our customers.
This tradition of continuous improvement and exceeding customer expectations is the cornerstone of our current and future business plan.